Friday, May 23, 2008

Prince of Persia Rumblings

Witness the wonders of cel shaders...
Well.. This is my first post! What is the above image? It is (to me, sadly at least, but I'll wait for the outcome) an unofficial screenshot from the next-gen (or is that current-gen) Prince of Persia game, PoP: Prodigy. A whole bunch of the new screenshots can be found here. Looks like the new prince is certainly pretty... But has a whole new art direction. What're your thoughts?

In other PoP news, it has been annouced that Jake Gyllenhall will be playing the prince in the new Sands of Time movie, and Gemma Arterton will be playing the love interest. Let's hope they at least don't call her "Farah". In my memory, farah wasn't exactly a fair skinned brit. At least I can settle with Jake.. Much better then earlier rumors of Zac Efron. *shudder*

Aside from the general PoP news, I guess I should post something about me. I'm currently a student studying Computer Science and all the fun that ensues from coding, I'm completely a PC fanboy regardless of the fact I'm usually game-medium neutral and own a 360, PS3, and DS. I have an unhealthy obsession with FPS, RPGs (including MMO's), Strategy Games, and "action" titles, and outside of games (shock! Unheard of!) I also do hip hop and find visits to the gym/rock climbing center rather cathardic.

What else... I dabble a bit in game design (I use the word dabble lightly) and for some reason love all things Unreal Engine, Deus Ex is probably my favourite game of all time, aand I think that's about all you need to know about me for now.

Expect our first vlog sometime in the next two days, covering our first impressions of Age of Conan! You'll be able to find it here, or on our youtube channel, www.youtube.com/AFKGames. If you like it, make sure you check back for more as we continue to build and update!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't say I like the new art direction. I have never been a fan of cartoony graphics, so there (hated WoW).